The Syllamo Canoe and Kayak Marathon is a flatwater canoe and kayak race held on the White River North of Mountain View, Arkansas.
Two distances are offered to paddlers a 35-mile marathon and a 10-mile short course. The 35-mile marathon will begin at the Norfork access to the White River in Norfork and proceed downstream to Allison finishing on the Sylamore Creek at Sylamore Creek Camp; the 10-mile short course will begin at Boswell White River access and proceed downstream to Allison finishing on the Sylamore Creek at Sylamore Creek Camp.
The 35-mile Marathon from Norfork to Allison is $45.00 per Paddler. The 10-mile short course from Boswell Shoal to Allison is $30.00 per Paddler. Entrants will receive a very generous bag of race ware, T-Shirt, post race snacks and refreshments.
The Marathon will begin at 8:00 AM and the 10-mile will begin at 10:00AM on Saturday, May 21, and end when the last paddler is off the water.
We will offer many classes for both canoe and kayak according to the USCA recommendations. Open Class; Canoe Class: C1, C2 and Aluminum (Men, Women and Coed); Kayak Class: K1, Kayak (Men and Women), Kayak Tandem; Surfski (Men and Women).
USCA Rules and Regulations
All race finishers will receive a custom made award. Awards will be given to the overall winner of each class. We reserve the right to combine classes if the number of competitors in a class is low.
1. USCA rules will be used for the event.
2. After the completion of the paddle and arriving at the finish competitors will be required to carry their boat across the finish line to the final staging area.
3. All boats must be off the river by dusk.
4. No alcohol is allowed in any competitor's boat.
5. Competitors will be immediately disqualified for littering.
6. All competitors MUST have an USCG approved floatation devise with them while in their boat, competitors 18 and under must wear a USCG approved flotation devise while in their boat..
The event will be staged out of Sylamore Creek Camp in Allison, 6-miles North of Mountain View at the intersection of Highway 9 and 14. Sylamore Creek Camp has a group gathering area, restrooms, hot showers, cabin rental and plenty of room for camping. If you intend to camp, you may want to reserve a spot.
Shuttles will be available at Sylamore Creek Camp. Please contact them prior to race day to reserve the service.
Following the event we will provide snacks and refreshments for paddlers and guest.